Friday, April 3, 2009

St Petersburg

I am really behind on everything...so I am slowly going to update you all on the goings on the big trip. For those of you who don't email me, I went on a week and a half long trip to St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, Latvia and Estonia. We literally have thousands of pictures from this trip, so I am going to slowly put them here. Obviously not all of the, but some of the better ones.

First off...St. Petes. Really not a ton to tell here. We saw a bunch of cathedrals...went to the hermitage (didn't go inside...saving that for the next trip) went and saw the movie SLumdog Millionaire in Russian...and then wandered around some more. All in all, a very eventful day! We enjoyed ourselves. The headmistress of our school has a daugher named Genia, and she came on this little soujourn (spell check) with us.

This has taken a lot longer than you could possibly imagine...SO I am done for now. Enjoy. More is coming later. (Thanks to all the people who have been pestering me to update this thing...mostly mom, jennie and rick...and amy).


Not having showered for a few days...



St. Isaac's Cathedral



See the statue...BE the statue (inside of ST. Isaac's).


Church of the Ressurection


Russian Movie Theatre


Chocolate Musuem (just a tourist trap...really it was a store...not a museum)




3 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for the pictures. You look good. What exciting places to visit. Can't wait to hear more about your goings on.

Rick said...

I don't care if the chocolate museum was a store, you still should have enjoyed the chocolate. Glad you are having a good time!

Darron said...

My favorite picture was in front of the red packages at the "museum". That picture is an extra great one of you. I'd also like to tour every inch of that building from the last few pictures!