Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moscow...At Night (similar to Celebrity Houses...At Night)

In writing about St. Petes, I neglected an important part in the chain of events. On Friday night we had a train that left at one o'clock in the morning, so we had a whole night to kill in Moscow. What did we do? We hit up Krasni Bloshit (yes that IS really what it's called) (and for those of you tuning in from the states that would be Red Square) . It was incredible. The pictures absolutely do not do it justice. I don't have the right kind of camera for taking pictures at night, but I hope you can catch a glimpse of how amazing it was. The only bad part about that experience, was that someone forgot to tell us that Red Square is a very popular place for people to go and get drunk, High, and in some cases both, so we had a few interesting run-ins with random people on the streets. These situations were made even funnier by the fact that, OH, we don't speak Russian. It was still really fun thought. Afterwards we went to Sbarros and got a piece of pizze. Yum. Then to the F-NASTY train station to wait till one so we could head to St. Petes. That's my story.
Tune in next time for: Helsinki - Take One


This is the building that runs the full length of the square. It's really just a huge intense shopping mall that I wish I could afford, but it looks awesome at night.


If you were wondering what Russian police cars look like, wonder no more! For I have a photo, with the wonderful St. Basil's cathedral in the background.


Most amazing cathedral of my life. SO beautiful. Wish these photos could do it justice.


That big building again. Trying to show you how long it is! See?


Me in front of the building. If you pull this picture up bigger (which I don't recommend) then you will see that it was pretty windy that day. I felt the chill.

1 comment:

Darron said...

St. Basils IS beautiful, day or not. Wow. And you are cute. This last picture made me miss you even more. See you soon.