Thursday, March 12, 2009

Starlite, starbrite, I want a hamburger.

So on monday we went to a folk dancing concert full of small children, and it was fabulous. There were lots of little girls AND boys dancing, and they were precious.
BUT what brings me to this blog today, is love. True love. That precious arrangement of meat, bun and cheese that comes together to form a cheeseburger. We went to the Starlite Diner, and partook of the wonderful American food that was a cheeseburger, fries and a coke. Delicious. Nothing could have satisfied me more.
While I was there I used the restroom *(hey it was free...take that while you can), and in the hallway they had pictures up of all the celebrities that have eaten at their diner. And there I saw Kirilenko. Just hanging on the wall, chunkin the deuces (sideways peace sign for those of you unfamiliar with that phrase). So of course I HAD to get a picture with him. I mean how often do you eat in the same American diner in moscow that Kirilenko has eaten at? I tried to act cool for the full effect...
*Most places here you have to pay money to pee. And it makes me think of that movie Bridge to Teribithia...there is a line in there where the girl starts chanting "free to pee, free to pee" and one time we were at the store, and my little sister Cat starting chanting that. And it was really funny. I too believe that everybody, everywhere should be 'free to pee'.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Ahhhhh Cheeseburgers!!! Mmmmm! It's always nice to have a taste of home when you're out in the wide-wide world. And the whole pay toilet thing, I never got used to it. I'm glad I live in a land where it is still possible to pee for free. (Sshhh, not tell the Democrats or they might change it.)