Friday, February 6, 2009

The Childrens

We started teaching this week. And it has been great! The kids are just so adorable, and so sweet. Well...for the most part. They have their days...and certain kids are just brats/punks. There is no getting around that, haha but really I am quite enjoying myself.
One of the funniest things about the kids, is that when they go outside for recess, they have to completely change their clothes, and put on an entire new outfit; every time they want to go outside! It's so funny!
There are some picture posted of what the kids end up looking like. And trust me, there is a very intense, very specific process to getting them dressed. We are technically supposed to be helping the teachers dress the kids for outside, but after the first day we weren't doing it to their exact specifications, so they asked us to stop. So we just play with them outside when they are done.


The girl on the right has my favorite outfit of all the kids. CUTE! She looks like a little snowboarder.

This is Kolya. He is one of my kids, and he can be quite a handful, but he tries to stay on my good graces by just giving me a hug. He's funny.

This is Sasha! She is in my prelanguage class, and she has so much personality! Sometimes it's a little hard to control, but overall I just love this little girl.

This is Fidan. Her older sister is in the program too, and they look EXACTLY alike. Also, I think she might be my favorite prelanguage kid. She is so fun! And smart.


THIS is Egor. He is one of the smartest kids. But whenever he gets mad he will stand on a chair and scream at you, and it makes me wonder what his father is like...scary...but I love this kid. I hope that you can all kind of see his mullet going on. It's great.


This is Donya. I have a very huge fear that this kid will break my heart when I come back to the U.S. He is super smart, and has the cutest little voice and accent, and he has the most heart-breaking half smile i have ever seen. I want to take him home with me SO bad. He is the biggest punk when he is with Egor, but away from him he is the smoothest little charmer. This kid my FAVORITE here. Also Donya has a small round little mullet going on...you can't see it in this picture very well though.

5 comments:

Darron said...

What cuties. Catherine asked yesterday if she could have a sleepover with you the night you get back. I told her you would probably love that, depending on your exhaustion level.

I hope you are loving it there. I pray for you every day.

Mary said...

Thanks for the pictures. They are adorable! Kids all seem to be the same, no matter where you are. I absolutely love their smiles. I'm glad you're making friends!!!

Rick said...

Love the mullet kids! Glad to see a classic hairstyle alive and well in Russia. I have to agree with you the kids are cute. Manipulative little tykes! Looking all cute and adorable so you will teach them english. Glad you are having fun!

Kamian said...

Kolya sounds like me with the hugs. Am I right?

Terri said...

I guess children are the same whether they're sitting in my first grade class in Arizona or in Russia! You will definitely have a hard time leaving them, so enjoy them while you can.